Newport Electric Boats, LLC is a young company, developing next generation solutions for electric sailboats.
It's early days for us, and we are continuously improving our products and growing our operations. We're aiming to be a leader in the emerging industry of electric propulsion systems, for sailboats.
Our headquarters is in Costa Mesa California, where we have a small office and light industrial workshop. We also maintain a 33 foot sailboat in Long Beach, which serves as our test-vessel as well as our show-boat. The company’s founder and CEO, is an experienced sailor, engineer, product manager and entrepreneur.
The Director of Business Development is experienced, and familiar with the boating industry, they care about environmental issues, believe in and understand BEV systems, and they have the ambition to help build a small and growing business, by creating new relationships, business opportunities, and building out our dealer network.
- Able to research new leads, assess opportunities, establish connections within the targeted organizations, generate interest and close deals
- Ability to develop financial forecasts, and work to meet sales objectives
- Talk and act with confidence and authority, help inform customers about products, and support demonstrations of NEB's product line
- Develop and document sales forecasts, help create marketing information, identify opportunities for NEB to improve, and work to help close those gaps
- Ability to discuss datasheets, diagrams, and sketches during sales and marketing meetings
- Meet periodically through video-calls (google meet, or zoom) and discuss new opportunities, status of current sales efforts, any issues and challenges involving business development.
If this role sounds exciting, and the company's mission resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you ASAP.
Job Type: Part-time
*This position includes sales commissions for compensation
**This position is eligible for equity units of the company as part of the compensation, after an initial trial period