Join the team, and help us build great products, and a great company
Newport Electric Boats, LLC is a young company, developing next generation solutions for electric sailboats.
It's early days for us, and we are continuously improving our products and growing our operations. We're aiming to be a leader in the emerging industry of electric propulsion systems, for sailboats.
Our headquarters is in Costa Mesa California, where we have a small office and light industrial workshop. We also maintain a 33 foot sailboat in Long Beach, which serves as our test-vessel as well as our show-boat. The company’s founder and CEO, is an experienced sailor, engineer, product manager and entrepreneur.
Sr. or Principal Electrical Engineer - Part Time, Remote
This position could be perfect for a later career electrical engineer who is entrepreneurial, and wants to bring experience and expertise in a wide range of engineering work, to help a young company's establish best practices as it grows.
This person is well organized, understands a wide range of electrical systems, circuit designs, and safety protocols. Also has good communication skills, verbally and in writing.
Any experience with marine electrical systems is a plus.
- Able to develop and document electrical systems, including electrical components and sub-systems, based on datasheets, wire diagrams, and sketches.
- Be capable of working with vendors for wire harness development, metal fabrications, and other project engineering tasks.
- Meet through video-calls (google meet, or zoom) periodically and discuss issues and their status, as well as work from a kanban scrum board.
- Creates electrical and system tests, including for lab environment, and evaluate test results
- Develop and/or select off the shelf assemblies and components that meet an applications needs
- Document test setups, test methods and evaluate results
- Ability to work both, hands-on as well as work at a desk/computer to solve electrical problems and test systems
If this role sounds exciting, and the company's mission resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you ASAP.
Job Type: Part-time
*This position could be eligible for equity units of the company as part of the compensation package, after an initial trial period
Flexible, with ability to meet periodically during business hours (Pacific-Time)
Send resume and cover letter to: jobs@NewportElectricBoats.com