Newport Electric Boats, LLC is a startup company, developing next generation solutions for electric sailboats.
It’s early days for us, and we continuously inventing and reinventing our products and growing our operations to become a leader in our industry. We want to provide the most value to our customers, and make a great work environment for our employees.
Our headquarters is in Costa Mesa California, where we have a small office and a 750 sq-ft workshop. We keep a 33 foot sailboat in Long Beach, which serves as our test vessel as well as our show boat. The company’s founder and CEO, is an experienced sailor, engineer, product manager and entrepreneur.
Our goals include growing the business to greatly expand the use of electric propulsion within the industry, and to grow the company to be an industry leader, where talented individuals work together to design, build, test, sell, and support high quality products and services.
Software Engineer (mid level staff):
The software engineer works in a broad role, and one that is very important to the company. This person needs to be able solve complex problems, as well as communicate clearly both verbally, and in writing. Be capable of articulating ideas, including white-board drawings or other descriptions, and hash out concepts during discussions.
Desired skills include:
- The ability to develop high quality software that works as intended
- write and test software of many types, ranging from short bash scripts to large applications
- GUI software, networking software, test scripts and documentation
- We use a Kanban process for organizing tasks, and using git for configuration management.
- We use a modern IDE for our larger software projects, and primitive shell environments as needed.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in Git, Linux, and at least two high level languages, including Python.
If this role sounds exciting, and the company’s mission resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
*This position is eligible for equity units of the company as part of the compensation package. The amount will depend on the candidate, and will be discussed in detail if an offer is extended.
8 hour shifts, flexible
Python: 2 years (Required)
git: 2 years (Required)
Work Locations: Multiple Locations (including remote)
Send resume and cover letter to jobs@NewportElectricBoats.com